Amorphous alloys are preferred! The Natural Science Foundation of China Engineering and Materials Science Department released priority development areas and main research directions
Reprinted / Source Amorphous China
Yesterday, the Ministry of Engineering and Materials Science of the National Natural Science Foundation of China announced priority development areas and main research directions. Among the 18 priority development areas, "the microstructure and deformation mechanism of metastable metal materials such as amorphous alloys" ranked first. The content is summarized as follows:
During the "Thirteenth Five-Year Plan" period, by supporting the important frontier directions of China's dominant disciplines and interdisciplinary disciplines, and condensing from the country's major needs, it is expected to achieve major original innovation research directions, to further enhance the international status of China's major disciplines and improve scientific and technological ability to meet major national needs. The principles for the selection of priority development areas and main research directions by various discipline departments are:
(1) Highlight interdisciplinary cross-connecting in major frontier areas, focus on multidisciplinary collaborative research, promote major disciplines to achieve breakthrough results in important directions, and drive the rapid development of the entire discipline or multiple branch disciplines;
(2) Encourage the exploration and comprehensive application of new concepts, new theories, new technologies, and new methods to contribute to solving key scientific problems that restrict our country's economic and social development;
(3) Make full use of our country's scientific research advantages and resource characteristics to further enhance the international influence of the discipline. The priority development areas of various science departments will become the main source of key projects and key project group projects in the next five years.
Priority Development Areas of the Engineering and Materials Science Department
(1) Microstructure and deformation mechanism of metastable metal materials
Main research directions: development of new amorphous alloy systems with special properties; research on the structure and properties of complex alloy phases; structural characteristics and characterization methods; structure and thermal stability; deformation mechanism and strengthening mechanism; brittle fracture mechanism and toughening; Study on solidification behavior and crystal nucleation and growth process under strong supercooling conditions.
(2) Preparation, processing and performance control of high-performance lightweight metal materials. Main research directions: lightweight metal materials (aluminum, magnesium, titanium-
The Natural Science Foundation is a deputy ministerial institution that manages the National Natural Science Foundation and is managed by the Ministry of Science and Technology. The Ministry of Science and Technology is responsible for the management of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and carries out macro management, overall coordination, supervision and evaluation of the work of the National Natural Science Foundation of China according to law. The National Natural Science Foundation of China administers the National Natural Science Foundation of China in accordance with law, operates relatively independently, and is responsible for the organization and implementation of funding plans, project setting and evaluation, project establishment, and supervision. The Ministry of Engineering and Materials Science is an important department of the Natural Science Foundation of China. Its main work is to support exploration and research in frontier areas of the discipline, encourage original innovation, integrated innovation, and re-innovation on the basis of digestion and absorption, and focus on refining the key from engineering application practice. Scientific issues and basic research content, especially basic research topics with Chinese characteristics, which are of great significance to promoting the development of China's related industries and improving China's international competitiveness. In terms of topic selection, priority is given to basic research that has important scientific research value and major application prospects, and may become a new knowledge growth point. Priority is given to research projects that can promote the development of disciplines, combine national conditions, and form independent intellectual property rights.